WEST Book Club
WEST is offering a book club for WEST members focusing on women's career advancement. We will have a meeting with a new book every other month. We would like participants to commit to four sessions to create a supportive community.
We will have a facilitator for each discussion group who will have read the book, so those who do not finish the whole book should still feel comfortable attending and joining in the conversation. We understand people get busy at certain times of the year and may not get to finish every book. We have selected the books based on member suggestions.
- May 16 = The Orange Line: A Woman's Guide to Integrating Career, Family and Life by Jodi Ecker Detjen, Michelle A. Waters, and Kelly Watson
- Facilitator - Ivona Kelley, Director of Sales, Multiplex, Abcam
- July 18 = Grit by Angela Duckworth
- Facilitator - Meagan Lazor, External Venturing Analyst, Saint Gobain
- September 19 = Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely
- Facilitator - Maggie Duffy, Associate Director, Global Program Management, Drug Development Management and Portfolio Group at Takeda Pharmaceutical International Co.
- November 14 = Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most by Douglas Stone, Bruce Patton, and Sheila Heen
- Facilitator - Allison Olszewski, Associate Director, X-Chem
6:30 - 8:30 PM
The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, 415 Main Street, 1st Floor, Olympus Room, Cambridge, MA 02142
A light dinner will be served each meeting.
If you are a student looking for financial assistance to attend this event, please visit www.stayinma.com.