Escaping Career Quicksand: Tips to Get Unstuck and Catapult Your Career. A Smart Woman’s Guide to Assertive Confident Leadership
10/24: This workshop has be cancelled. The speaker
emailed this morning that she is sick and needs to cancel.
It's an exciting time for women in business today. We are well positioned for success and as more and more women enter the workforce, there are more opportunities for women to assume leadership positions. However, consider this:
- Most companies recruit men and women into management in equal numbers but almost from the first level up, the gender split drops off steadily.
- Men fill the senior executive ranks almost entirely: 80% of men move up to senior executive positions, while only 20% of women do.
- Many women who want to advance their careers literally get stuck on the way up the corporate ladder.
This is what I call career quicksand. You feel stuck and invisible in the organization no matter how hard you work. You see others getting promoted and you don't understand why you're not getting ahead. Once you are stuck in career quicksand, it is unlikely that you will get out unless you are savvy and can think strategically about the best way out. The harder you work, the more it works against you and this goes against everything we've been taught about how to succeed.
In this workshop, you will receive an escape kit to catapult your career upward and you will discover:
- The common reasons women get stuck in career quicksand.
- How to avoid the pitfalls that keep you from propelling your career forward.
- The tools to promote and position yourself for career success.
In addition, when you register, you will receive a Career Success Scorecard to assess your advancement potential.
This workshop will be lead by Bonnie Marcus. Award winning entrepreneur and Forbes contributing writer, Bonnie Marcus, M.Ed., has real conversations for real women about real situations in the workplace today. As the founder and principal of Women’s Success Coaching, Bonnie assists professional women to successfully navigate the workplace and position and promote themselves to advance their careers. With 20+ years of sales and management experience, Bonnie’s extensive business background includes CEO of a ServiceMaster company and VP of Sales at Medical Staffing Network and two others national companies in the healthcare and software industries.
Date and Time:
October 24, 2013
6:00 - 9:00 PM
The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard
7 Cambridge Center, Monadnock Room
Cambridge, MA 02142
Map and Parking Info
We appreciate The Broad Institute donating the use of their event space.
Members: $40; Non-Members: $60, Workshop and Annual Membership: $125
A light dinner will be served.
If you are a student looking for financial assistance to attend this event, please visit www.stayinma.com.